Friday, September 03, 2010

Motivating myself

So I have wanted to make (and finish!, finish being the key word here) my Consecration to Mary for about 6 years, and I am going to do that, I start on Sept. 8th.  I have a good friend who really helped me with getting to the point of feeling like I CAN do it, rather than thinking, like normal, that I’ll give it a try again.  I WILL be finishing it.  Also something else I have been wanting to do is read the whole bible, and another friend, Kristin, and she found a study guide if you want to call it that! that breaks down the scripture readings as well as the catechism readings, to be read in a year.  So far I have done the first three days.  I am excited about it still, so hopefully in a month I will still be on track.  I don’t know if I’ll post daily of getting it done, but I may, but also don’t want to bore those who have no desire to follow along!

I have been using the Douay Rheims online for the readings and the Vatican site for the catechism.  It has worked well, having one tab open for each reading.  I will continue this when adding in the Consecration, which will just be one more tab to have open :).  It has been interesting reading already.  I’m getting a lot more out of it than I ever did all the other times I tried to read the bible through.

So if anyone wants to join in, hop onboard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Julie! I did this with my husband and children a few years back and it was such a great experience for all of us.