Monday, January 26, 2009

The ending of long day number two

The day (for us) is almost over. I am so thankful for my parents and their kindness in bringing two of those big water cooler things of water over so we have more water and also the offer for us to come over and shower tomorrow. Wednesday will be nice, water again! I will have so much to do then!

I think that is part of why I am so incredibly bored. I KNOW how much I'll have to do when the water is back, where as normally I just keep up with everything so nothing really gets too overwhelming, well, normal housekeeping anyway, the extras like cleaning out the old trailer and organizing/sorting everything for storage can get overwhelming, but the day to day stuff usually goes well. But at this moment I have at least 4 loads of laundry, and three loads of dishes (two will go into the dishwasher, but have to still be rinsed and of course because of the electrical issues I can only do one major appliance at a time, so no dryer and dishwasher at the same time). Anyhow, that is all crazy boring to most of those who will be reading. Needless to say, in two days, wow, it's going to be crazy. Of course with the way they change the forecast it could end up being next week before the thaw!

Oh, I have been working on Paul's word list. I am trying to keep track of all the words he adds each day, but I miss so many. He'll say a new one when we are out and I totally forget it by time we get home. It is neat to see him learning so much though. He has recently started putting together a few words to form mini sentences :). My favorite was the other night when he wanted the dog to play with her ball. Chip threw it and the dog was half asleep, so didn't go. Paul was pulling on her collar and said 'get puppy get'. My other favorite is whenever we give him food, the dog is always right next to him, she knows where the easy food comes from! :) He always says 'no puppy, no puppy' since Paul knows she'll take it the first chance she gets. Since seeing how he views the dog, we have tried very hard to help him protect his food, and teaching her that she can only eat if he's left it on the floor. Though sometimes Paul leaves it there for safe keeping, only to chase the dog away from his treasure. :)

I think that's all for now, going to play a few games and go to sleep.

Julie

No comments: