Monday, June 30, 2008

couch

After a year or so of not having a couch, my sister gave us their old one. We have had it for about a week. I tell you, it sure changed the whole feel of the area we live in. It made it feel like a home! It was so nice!

Paul's favorite thing is to climb up there with who ever is sitting there. Especially daddy! LOVES to sit with Daddy. I'm good for food, but he is totally enamored with his dad. Asks for him all the time and just can't not sit with him.

I'm pretty thankful for the couch. It's been a great addition.

So part of the stuff that's been bugging me and troubling me is that I am AWFUL at keeping in touch with people who I really do want to keep in touch with, even if it's just to see how they are doing. So while I'm at the whole fixing things slowly for me, I'm working on that too. So I'm staying up after I get Paul to sleep (which is SO hard as I just want to sleep since I KNOW he'll be up several times to eat), but I need to be able to pray and I'm also making sure to reply to at least one person/email a day. I'm not talking just posts to a group, but a real email that takes time and thought to write. I'm also going to try to post my joy/happiness/thankfulness of the day here. As I'm trying very hard to find God in my day, and having a place to be somewhat accountable to and also a place to actually write my thoughts of the day, is helpful. Anyway. I'm making real effort, not just 'trying' as I normally do.

I really want to be happy and not so crabby and moody about my lot in life.

Anyhow. I'm not sure what I'm most joyful about today as the day ended on a bad note (fight with Chip), so that kind of tainted things. But I am happy that I did all my prayers and replied to two emails, and posted here. I'm happy that I did it all, even once, as I normally give up before I try. I'm also glad that it wasn't too hot today :). Yes, not very deep, but I'll get there!

Julie

No comments: