Thursday, July 03, 2008

sleep is nice!

Paul has given me a run for my money with his waking lately. I don't know if it was teeth or what, but he has been waking over 10 times a night! That is a lot. It's actually why I haven't posted my joy the last few days, just been SO very tired that I couldn't keep myself up while putting him to sleep (he sleeps with me and I nurse him to sleep - for those who may not know :) ). I'm hoping tonight is better.

The last few days have been okay given that I've been dead on my feet. Tonight we had dinner with my parents to celebrate Chip's birthday. They gave him a much needed gift certificate to Lowe's, it's like our second home! :)

I have to find a way to learn to be patient with Paul. That is something the last few days have shown me. I have no idea how to go about that, but it is something that I really need to endeavor to do.

I'd say my joy over the last few days was finding a devotion for a dying soul. It has really made a difference to me. I just to perfect my 'offering up', as I don't think I really know how to do that. I think that I have some idea in my head, but that it's not really how it works. But the devotion is what gets me started in the morning and I find myself excited to say my morning prayers and adopt my dying soul for the day, it really helps get through the day.

Julie

No comments: