Saturday, July 26, 2008

positive intent

It's such a powerful thing to go from assuming the worst of people/situations, to not.

In one of my groups in times past there was a lot of talk of positive intent regarding our children and being gentle with them. It makes so much sense. I still struggle greatly, and can't honestly say I have even tried. I think about it a lot, but putting it into action is much harder. Over the last couple days another group I'm on also started talk about not assuming the worst.

Looking at the world with the best intentions is so much happier than looking at it as a bunch of people who have nothing but ill will. I just wish I had it in me to change my thoughts to a more positive non-critical route. Especially since I constantly feel as though others are judging me for my choices and way of living. Maybe changing the way I think will change how I feel others view me?

Anyhow. I just happen to like this outlook on the world and thought others might want to give it a try as well. So more randomness from me today. Think I'll head to bed now, need to get more sleep!

Julie

No comments: