Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year

Somewhere, I think facebook, someone was reflecting on 10 years ago. Wow, what a difference 10 years makes. I can't even believe I am old enough to reflect on 10 whole years, it really does seem like just yesterday, but at the same time, it was a lifetime ago. How different, naive, childish and young I was. I had just gotten the internet and a new computer (which now sits in a storage unit!). I went to my parents house to watch hell break loose!, it didn't, I went home and went to sleep. I really can't get over it being 10 years.

An online friend had a post on her blog about having visions rather than resolutions. I liked that idea and started thinking about my own. Mine can be summed up in becoming a better wife, mother and Catholic. All these things are tied together. By becoming a better Catholic I will become a better mother and wife. Also part of this is becoming more gentle, especially in my parenting. I am way to quick to anger, and have been doing amazingly well at not completely losing it. Now to work on being more consistent and finding a way to make the tv not work any more without it being traced to me. (yes, Chip I know you are reading this!), That is mostly said tongue in cheek, but seriously I'd LOVE the thing to go away. Dolores is already drawn too it and Paul is addicted, I hate it!

I haven't really got a plan on this vision, but I do want to look back at the end of the year and see that things are better in this area, it's key to all things in my life.

No comments: