Saturday, April 10, 2010

big effects of little things

DSCF2323

Who would think that a shelf could make so much difference?  We haven’t had a place to put books for about 3 years.  The very simple act of putting up a shelf just for books, so they don’t get ruined and lost, has had such a profound effect on me.  I don’t know why.  Life has been so transient for the last several years, and adding a shelf is, I don’t know, just makes it more permanent.  Maybe because we kept waiting to BE permanent, and now it seems real?  I don’t know.  But I love looking at that shelf, it makes me happy and content.  A big thanks to Chip for putting that up! :)

Now for some other pictures from the last few days.

DSCF2308

A not so good picture of me, but Chip thought it was cute that Dolores was leaning on me :).  Beth, do you remember making those pants? :)

DSCF2309

Right after taking that picture, Chip got this excellent one of Paul.  I think this is the best one yet of him.  It is SO hard to get good photos because the camera has such a huge delay, and this one came out perfect :).

No comments: