Saturday, October 09, 2004

Been a few days Oct. 9 Saturday

Well it has been an interesting week! Work is crazy as usual. The kids have been good and we made some progress this week. The coming week is only to be better, and will end with a pilgrimage, which I'm very excited about :). What better way to end a week.

I went driving today, and kind of forgot I had to go to work until I looked at the clock and I had to be leaving home for work in an hour! It was beautiful today. I am slowly beginning to like New England. I love trees and there is NO shortage of them here. I still miss home a lot, things like knowing people everywhere you go, straight roads, knowing hwere I'm going, not having to always make u-turns when I go somewhere because I have no clue where I'm at. I also miss the kindness of the people in the Mid West. I miss actually stopping at a stop sign. I miss not having to drive through yellow lights, not being flipped off all the time. I miss driving on a highway! Anyhow, the list goes on. New England has it's good points. It's kind of cool to be constantly lost! To never know which direction home is. I like being the ONLY Missouri license plate in the state! But mostly I'm thankful I am here because of the faith I have gained while being here. It's amazing how much you can learn and grow when you are someplace where the only thing you have is your faith. With out it I would be a mess right now. I'd be lonely, depressed and miserable. Because of faith I can be content with what I have here. I have all I really need, food, housing and clothes. Okay, it's late and I'm babbling.

To sum it up, it's been a good week, and my door is fixed so I now can close my door, which is a very odd thought after not having it for months!

Thanks for reading,
Julie

No comments: