Friday, November 28, 2008

Grandma passing and Thanksgiving

Instead of two posts, I thought I'd put both these together.

My Grandma passed away on Monday. It still hasn't really hit me, but have been distracted by holiday visitors who left today. I'm sad I can't get to the funeral to be with family, but I don't know that I could have handled being there either.

My grandma has melanoma, she found out about it about 2 and a half years ago. By time they took it out it had already spread. She fought for a long time. I will miss her very much, she had such spirit. Wish we had been closer.


For Thanksgiving my sister in law came up with her daughter. It was a hard one for them too, as it's the first with out her father (Chip's dad died in January - if you remember). It was nice having people around and it was a nice Thanksgiving. Sad to have them gone today. Paul keeps asking for 'issie', even looking out the window for her car. I think it'll be a long day! I always hate that sad lonely feeling you have after a guest leaves. It's like the house is empty. I even got this as a kid when friends would stay the night. Doesn't help any that it's dreary out and we are out of kerosene to warm up the room, yuck!

She will be back for Christmas, it'll be nice. I'm going to try to get the pictures on the computer from their visit to share later.

Julie

No comments: