Monday, April 30, 2007

thoughts on faith

It's been awhile since posting about my journey back. I guess it's more about getting my ducks in a row, as my heart is already here.

I have been struggling lately because of many things. My car died, which took away my sense of freedom. I have completely misplaced my prayer life. I think some of that is due to a new baby and that huge adjustment, as well as the postpartum depression, that really sucks the life out of you. Also having a hard time accepting how long it's going to be before we can have a sacramental marriage, that one is hard because I know some of the struggles we have now would be helped by the graces you have in a sacramental marriage, they might not go away, but we'd have the tools to handle them better.

There are also things like not having money to drive to KC for the TLM. Going here is like going to a protestant church (attitude and feel). Chip can't stand it because it's like everything he experienced as a kid, things that made him not like religion. I feel guilty that this will be our sons first impression of our faith.

Anyhow, I have decided to do a few things to make some of these better. First is more prayer, and sticking to it. It'll give us some routine to our day as well. I just need to find something to help keep me on track, or a person, like a prayer buddy. :) I also want to start a spiritual reading, or some to learn more about the faith. Suggestions please!

So that's where I am. Also, any suggestions for reading on being a Catholic mother?

Julie

No comments: